CAPT. NALIN PEIRIS
Ananda College, Colombo 10
Master Mariner Class 1 Certificate of Competency United Kingdom
- In 1977 completed Cadet training onboard the Ceylon Shipping Corporation Cadet Training Ship M.V. Lanka Kalyani and passed out as the “Best All Round Cadet”.
- In 1979 was awarded the Shipping Corporation of India, “Dufferin Silver Jubilee Medal” for the highest marks obtained at the 2nd Mates Certificate of Competency examination in India.
- In 1995 gained entry in to the Surveyor’s panel of the Ceylon Chamber of Commerce as a Ships Surveyor.
- Was appointed as an Executive Committee Member to the Ex-Co of the Ceylon Association of Ships” Agents in 2010
- Served as Chairman of the National Union of Seafarers Trust Fund from 2011 to 2013
- Was appointed as Asst. Secretary to the International Chamber of Commerce Sri Lanka (ICCSL) in January 2015
- Master on-board Foreign-going vessels for 5 years
Ceylon Shipping Corporation, Sri Lanka
Ahrenkiel Ship Management, Hamburg, Germany
Coldwell Ship Management, Hong Kong
- Joined Institute of Maritime Studies (Maritime Training Institute under the Ceyline Group) in 1990 as a Nautical Lecturer
- Joined Ceyline Shipping Ltd in 1991 as a Crew Manager and served in various ascending capacities. Joined the BoD as a shareholding Director in 1996.
Held the following positions at Ceyline Group of Companies from 1996 to 2013:
Managing Director/Group Director : CEYLINE SHIPPING LTD. www.ceyline.lk
Ceyline Shipping Ltd is a company engaged in marine crew recruitment, provision of port agency services to Owners of vessels calling at Sri Lankan ports, Chartering, Sale and Purchase of Vessels, Bunker Broking, marine transportation and logistics and provision of maritime security logistics services to Foreign Maritime Security Companies.
Managing Director/Group Director: CEYSHIP MANAGEMENT LTD. www.ceyshipman.lk
Ceyship Management Ltd is a company engaged in total management of ships which included management of bunker and gas vessels operating within the coastal waters of Sri Lanka.
Managing Director/Group Director: CEYLINE TRAVELS (PVT) LTD. www.ceylinetravels.lk
Ceyline Travels Ltd is a company engaged in the provision of airline ticketing and Tours & Travels.
Since December 2013, functioning as the CEO of Manaco Marine Pvt Ltd (www.manaco.lk), a company engaged in providing crew management, port agency services, chartering, maritime transportation & logistics, STS services and crew boat operators providing maritime logistical support to shipping agents and foreign Maritime Security Companies.
OTHER POSITIONS HELD
- Honorary Filing Agent in Sri Lanka for:
The Liberian International Ship & Corporate Registry (LISCR)
The Republic of Marshall Islands Registry
Antigua & Barbados Registry
- Ceylon Chamber of Commerce:
Appointed Licensed Surveyor for Survey of Vessels
(Hull, Containers, Machinery & Stowage)
- Member of The Nautical Institute – United Kingdom
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Recruitment and Training of Seafarers
Port Agency Operations
Marine Protection & Indemnity, Marine Insurance